Sorry there aren't any pictures, but I've taken some recent ones and the house pictures all look the same. So here's an update on where we're at. The house is
completely framed. It has shingles, windows, and exterior doors. Last week we did all the electrical and put in the sound system. We got to pick where we wanted all of our lights, light switches (yay...), and outlets (yay...)! We also picked out our wood for our floors and we
LOVE it! We got a really good deal too (the best part). We chose 5 inch planks of Black Walnut. It's a dark brown wood with a lot of color variation. We also went and looked at tile. This week they are installing insulation and sheetrock.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! WOW!!! We're movin' right along! (But... I wish it could maybe go just a
little bit faster...) After that? I'm not really sure! But stay tuned for more on the
HIGHAM HOME!!!
Now on another note... I'M AN AUNT ONCE AGAIN!!! Little baby Afton Lanette Barney was born Monday July 13, 2009 at 4:06 a.m.! After 30 looong hours of labor with NO epidural (can you believe it?!) she FINALLY arrived! She is just over 6 lbs. with the cutest little face and tons of hair!! And can I just say that my sister is THE strongest person I've ever met?! She's one incredible woman!
AND, last but not least... KEVIN's home!!! Elder Kevin Barnard returned from his mission in Bangkok, Thailand on Friday night! He's lookin' great! A little skinny, but other than that he's good! WE LOVE YOU KEVIN! You have truly returned with honor!
3 comments:
Your little niece is a doll! I can't believe no epidural... crazy crazy... I was lying about feeling contractions just to get the juice turned up! In fact I'm most looking forward to getting an epidural next time I have a baby! YOu're sis is one strong girl!!
I haven't had kids yet, but I have seen births and the pain the women are in. shalay is one tough cookie to have done it with Nothing! She's amazing! How are you doing? Where again is your house being built? Who did you guys go through for contractor? It looks like things are coming along nicely. I bet you and your husband are really excited! Getting your first home is so fun-can be stressful but fun.
love the pic of afton! what a cutie! we def need some house pics, girly! please??? glad its coming together so quickly for you guys, thats awesome, i want to come see once you get moved in!
Post a Comment