Here's where we're at. Our foundation was poured. The load bearing in the basement were framed in. We have our window wells (Yay ;]) Our floor is in and all of the walls upstairs are framed. My brother-in-law, Russ, (Devrie's husband) is our framer. They're actually building a new home right now too so Russ says the race is on! haha Too bad he has alot of influence on how fast our house gets framed! :] He's been a really good sport to put his own house on hold just so he can work on ours. THANKS RUSS! You're an AWESOME brother-in-law (sometimes...)! Now we're just waiting for the details inside, like archways, and then sheeting and then roof! It's moving along so fast and we're lovin' it! It's so exciting to be able to go everyday and see how things have changed! We're supposed to be moved in in September (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!) and I can't WAIT!
Next item of business...
As you all know, Nick is a very avid golfer (VERY VERY avid). He loves it so much and doesn't enjoy anything more than being able to go to a nice course and play a round with his family and friends. He got the opportunity to be a Golf Digest Panelist. Basically Golf Digest sends him a card that gets him onto WAY nice courses for way cheap, and most of the time free. All he has to do is play his little heart out and then rate the course. He really enjoys it. This is his second year and since he's played most of the courses around here, we're starting to travel to other courses. Last weekend we went to Deer Lodge, Montana and played a private course there. He played with his dad, his brother, and one of his friends. I got to tag along as their "photographer". It was alot of fun!

And, last but not least, I just have to brag a little. Shalay is due with a little baby girl on July 6th and I can't WAIT to see her little angel face! Me and my sisters have always been way close and we got the opportunity to throw her her very first baby shower! It was a lot of fun! Our cousin had given Shalay an old baby crib that she had that she wasn't going to use. Shalay really likes the colors black, red and white and the crib was brown. So one day I decided I was going to steal her crib and change it up for her! And of course I had to get Dev in on the idea too! So we stole the crib, painted it black, antiqued it, and then covered the back with a CUTE black and white fabric. Then Teresa made red bumper pads to match! It turned out SO cute and everyone loved it! Especially Shalay. Here's a pic!

So there's an update for everyone! I hope you enjoyed it! STAY TUNED!!! MORE TO COME!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness !!! 1. your house looks amazing. 2. tell your sis congrats that is so exciting. I love being an aunt!!! and I am sure you are one of the best out there !!! 3. Brock is very jealous that nick gets to golf all the time.
HI!! WE'RE BACK!! I was on my blog and noticed that you updated so...I looked! wow-your house is coming along! I can't wait to tell you all about mine and John's trip tomorrow!
Post a Comment