Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's a..............

BOY!!! I FINALLY had my 20 week checkup yesterday and we found out we're having a sweet baby BOY! We couldn't be more excited! It was such an amazing experience to be able to see our baby and know that he's healthy and growing normally. WHAT A COMFORT!! It was a little nerve-wracking though! Me and Nick were so anxious (nervous) to find out what we were having and the ultrasound tech seemed like she was trying to torture us! She checked everything! (which I was grateful for, just to make sure our baby was healthy). But she didn't tell us what we were having until the very end. She pulled it up on the monitor and said "I'm going to let you guess what it is." Me and Nick just stared at the monitor, trying to make sense of the gray/black/white blurs on the screen. We both told her we couldn't see anything. She said "IT'S A BOY!" We were both SO excited! And if any of you know Nick Higham, he does not get excited about hardly anything! He just grinned and didn't say a word. It was so cute! We left the doctor's office and immediately went SHOPPING! Needless to say, we didn't find one single thing to buy! ARE YA KIDDIN' ME?! ha it was still fun though. We have a few names in mind, but haven't quite decided on one yet! HECK! We just might not decided til our little boy is here. Anyways, here's an ultrasound picture for you. ENJOY!

(Sorry it's not a very good pic... I had Nick take a picture of the ultrasound with his phone...)

By the way... IS EVERYONE JUST LOVING THIS WARM WEATHER?! I know I am! I can't get enough! COME ON SUMMER!!!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun, a sweet baby boy. The ultrasound picture is really clear compared to some of the ones I've seen. You didn't buy one thing for your little guy?! That's ok, you still have plenty of time. Congrats!

Scott said...

Oh I just love this little guy already! Too cute! And more warm weather? Yes please! Oh, and if you haven't figured it out, this is Stacey, not Scott! Love ya!

Julie said...

Yeah for our new little nephew we are so excited for you both!

Taunya Spaulding said...

CONGRATS!!! Boys are fun! :) John did the exact same thing that Nick did when we found out we were having a boy. I'm so excited for you and Nick! It's ok that you didn't find anything for him yet-there's still time! Congrats again! Glad everything is ok with you and baby!

Echo said...

Oh, boys are so fun. Mud, dirt, bugs, broken china, your going to love it! Congratulations! Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Tyler told me a few days ago after he had talked to Nick. We are so excited for you guys and boys are great!!!

charly said...

OH KELSEY!!!! CONGRATS! i am so happy for you guys! he will be a cutie! I can't believe you are that far along! crazy! You need to take some pictures! :)

Hailey said...

How exciting! He will be a doll, I'm sure. Let me tell ya though, get your sleep while ya can... boys are crazy, but so much fun!

The VanOrden Family said...

Yay! Little boys are the best! Can't wait to see this cutie! You'll have to post some pics of your "bump" sometime :) Congrats!

The Searle Family said...

Yay for boys! You are going to have your hands full:) So excited for you guys and we really need to see you guys real soon.